Which Laws Apply?
Page 1 of 2
Federal and Provincial Legislation
ARE YOU COVERED BY FEDERAL OR PROVINCIAL LEGISLATION?
If your company falls into one of the following sectors, you are most likely to be a federally regulated employer:
- Chartered banks
- Marine shipping, ferry and port services
- Transportation across provincial borders
- Telephone, telegraph, and cable systems
- Radio and television broadcasting
- Uranium mining and processing
- Businesses dealing with protection of fisheries as a natural resource
- First Nation activities
- Federal Crown corporations
All other employers are provincially regulated.
Please click Next for a list of legislation links.