One Journey Work and Learn - How Does It Work?
- Industry identifies the skill shortage and agrees to employ all eligible candidates who successfully complete the program;
- All stakeholders must be committed and active participants;
- Participation is voluntary;
- Income assistance clients must have a completed employability assessment and an action plan;
- Essential skills training is part of every project;
- Clients must have liability coverage while in job shadowing or training;
- Apprenticeship courses must be approved by government;
- The program relies on local labour market intelligence and provincial labour market information.
- Projects must be evaluated.
Funding provided through the Canada–Nova Scotia Job Fund